Preventing Fire Damage in the Living Room

Some of the common causes of fire damage in the living room, despite due consideration, can be easily avoided. The following safety guidelines will help ensure a safe space in your living room, limiting to a minimum fire hazards. Check construction service.

Electrical appliances

Start by inspecting outlets, sockets and cord extensions. Ensure they aren’t overwhelmed. Never run extension cord under carpets and confirm not being looped over nails or other sharp objects which could cause them to fray. Proper wattage bulbs should be used with lamps. Keep ample space around TVs and stereo equipment to allow free flow of air and cool down those products. It’s really critical that fuses are correctly rated in your TV sockets, and stereo.

Upholstered Möbels

Modern upholstered furniture is expected to be resistant to ignition from cigarette and match burning. Check the label to see when the furniture you have upholstered was made. Unless it was made before 1988, it is not fire resistant and you need to be more vigilant

Fires, matches and lighters

Keep matches and lighters away from children, and teach them that matches and lighters are harmful and need to be used with great care. If you have children, use of child-proof lighters and matchboxes is recommended. Don’t leave cigarettes smoking unattended. They can fall on materials that are combustible and grow into a serious fire. Make sure to put the smoking materials out before going to sleep. Conform that the ashtray contents are cold before tossing them into the garbage. Good and safe ashtrays, ideally made from non-combustible material, are easier to use. Ashtrays are intended to be big, deep and mostly empty.

Flashcandles

Keep candles off curtains, chairs, and anything else that could catch fire. Place candles away from open windows, or expose them to draughts. Using candle holders properly and make sure the candle sits securely inside. Minimize the fire option, even if a candle falls through leaving a clearance above and around it. Let candles never go unattended.