Your house is your safe haven, and as a homeowner, you most likely do whatever you can to Prime Aire Mold Services keep it protected from external hazards such as burglars, fire, gas leaks, etc. But while many homeowners take appropriate precautions to protect their home from outside, indoor hazards such as mold, they still forget. Mold growth along with rodents and pests presents a health risk that needs to be tackled within your home. Mold remediation can be important to ensure you and your family are safe. Mold removal is also one of the steps that includes waterproofing of the basement. Here are a few tips for getting you started:
- One way to know if your home has mold growths is whether you exhibit signs of the mold exposure symptoms. Sneezing, coughing, inflammation of the lungs, nasal congestion, runny nose, discomfort of the skin and eyes, trouble breathing, chest tightness and wheezing are just some of the symptoms. These are also signs of other may illnesses, so you need to get a doctor to test yourself before hiring someone to do your place’s mold assessment and mold remediation.
- Hiring a professional services is one surefire way to rid your home of molds. As an indoor quality specialist, mold removal specialists are also able to do mold remediation plans where they show exactly what needs to be done in your home. You should of course pay them for doing all on their own. They can do all the necessary tasks, from inspection or assessment to restore plans, mold removal, waterproofing in the basement, foundation repair, and all the rest.
- You must shield yourself from direct exposure when doing mold removal. Wear protective gear or devices such as safety goggles, face mask or N-95 respirator, rubber gloves, long sleeved shirt and a pair of trousers.
- Remove all your things, including rugs and furniture pieces, before starting to clean and remove the mold. For fewer objects lying around, it is easier to find impacted areas. You will also have to clean them outdoors, particularly if they have mold growth on them too.
- You may want to think about making some big renovations on your basement. Including the necessary repair of pipe leaks, and broken floors and walls, some foundation repair, installation of insulation, and other items can also be done. It will help keep mold from re-growing.
- After you clean up the spot it is best to repaint and do waterproofing in the basement. Just make sure everything’s completely dry. Do not use the anti-fungal spray, and do not spray over the mold.
Molds can seem innocuous but they may, in fact, trigger more than just allergies. Breathing problems may result from repeated inhalation of the molds. Even they contain mycotoxins that can lead to neurological problems. With molds in your house, you are at risk of exposure to too many of these mycotoxins which in some cases have even caused death. Mold removal is only one way to keep stuff like this from happening. When hiring a waterproofing company in the basement do make sure that all the mold was removed first.