The moments after an accident are actually the most crucial time and it would need your undivided attention. It is time to gather all the details, take pictures, talk to witnesses, making sure you do not speak to strangers about what just happen, making sure you do not accept responsibility for an accident that was not your fault and at the same time, you need to seek medical attention if you are injured. With all this happening simultaneously, it is enough to confuse and tire you out. This is where having a personal injury will help a lot. I am not saying that your attorney would be on your beck and call, but their presence can take loads of your mind. Do you want to learn more? Visit Costa Mesa Personal Injury Attorney.
Below are a few reasons why you should get yourself a personal injury attorney at this moment:
1. Statute of limitations: In some states, there are statutes of limitations to file your claim. Suppose that you are unaware of this, and when you feel that you can finally make a claim, you would have lost your right to do so forever because you would have exceeded the time limit.
2. Work injury reporting time limits: There are quite a few rules when you are injured at work as you will need to go through the worker’s compensation system to file a claim. Sometimes, the dateline is within 30 days and failure to do so would mean you are unable to stake your claim.
3. Evidence collecting: In order to prove that some else was negligent enough to cause you harm, you will need a number of things, such as the police report, eye witness statements, medical report and a whole load of other stuff. Having an attorney is great because they can they you what you need and with their team, they can get it done for you in a fraction of the time you would take to do it on your own.
4. Determining liability: A personal injury attorney can help you to decide what to claim for and for how much. In cases where it is hard to prove the negligence of the other person, your attorney can help you to determine if the person who hurt you is liable for the damage caused.
5. Locating key witnesses: To prove negligence, you will need a witness to the accident. If you managed to contact them early enough, they better chance you will have in them recalling the details of the accident and testifying on your behalf.
6. Deciding who to sue: Sometimes, we have a tunnel vision and proceed to sue only the person who had hit us. However a personal injury attorney (a good one!) can help you see a bigger picture. Was the driver working at the time? Who was working for? Can the company be held liable for your injuries? If they can, it would mean that you could get a better settlement then you initially thought.
7. Filing and arguing your case: this is when they earn their keep. Your attorney will be better equipped to file your lawsuit (if you plan to sue) and argue your case in front of the judge and jury as they would have more experience speaking in public.
3420 Bristol St 6th floor, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Phone Number: (949) 359-0002